Monday, January 26, 2009

Criminal Minds [TV Series]



This is the latest telly show that I've been going crazy about. It revolves around the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, with headquarters in Quantico, Virginia. This group is dedicated to finding serial killers by thinking like a murderer.
Sounds like CSI? Well, it is a wee bit like CSI but it's much more interesting IMO.

In Criminal Minds, there are lots of red tape -- ie the local police has to file a report and formally invite the BAU to their crime scenes, so in each episode, there is an element of surprise. The BAU go to different states and encounter murderers, some of which are so sick, you'll look away from the telly.

I have been a fan of this series ever since I first saw it on Studio 23 that I had to get a copy of the DVD. Now, three seasons later, I can't wait for the fourth installment of this series! :) In fact, I'm more hooked on this more than CSI!

My favourite character is Dr. Spencer Reed -- he is a genius. He is the walking encyclopedia of the team and he can always remember what he reads. Gosh, I wish I could have that kind of talent.

Then there's JJ -- the liason officer of the team. She's the one who filters all the cases and basically decides which case the team should handle. Personally, I think that she is a bit biased in crimes regarding women -- missing, battered, raped, etc. She has a bit of a soft spot for that.

There's Morgan -- I think he's a bit aggressive and does not normally follow protocol. He has a past he'd rather forget [watch Season 2 for a background on that] which molded him into what he is.

Garcia -- She is the technical analyst of the team. And she is fast in searching for information on the unsubs or victims. She is awesome!

Rossi -- The newest character. He replaced Gideon and is the best profiler of the team. He came back to the BAU after a retirement because of his unfinished business.

And there's Hotchner -- a former field agent of the FBI, he is almost like the leader of the group.

And that sums it. :)

Overall rating for this telly series: 4.5/5
Do watch it if you can :)

0 comments: