Sunday, October 25, 2009

The 24hour readathon wrap-up post.

So, the readathon officially ended an hour and a half ago.

Now I'm trolling around the internet, trying to find something else to do. Lol. How pathetic am I? :P

It was my first time to do the readathon, and I was surprised it was so much fun! And here I thought it was going to be all stressful as I try to read page after page of books, and trying to "compete" with other readers in trying to read books but it didn't turn out that way at all.

I enjoyed being a cheerleader -- I managed to visit some websites that I didn't know about and also getting a peek in how other readers were progressing in the readathon. I managed to find out books that I had no clue existed in the first place, and also take a peek at some upcoming releases in the latter part of 2009 and in 2010. Amazing.

I also managed to take part in some of the mini-challenges. I love the way my heart thumps faster than normal as I try to post in my answers in the fastest time possible to get back to reader and/or cheerleading. It was fun stress! lol.

So, here are my final stats from the readathon. I'll look forward for the April leg, I just hope that I would be free on the day they schedule it.


Pages read - Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer - 36

Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone - JK Rowling - 124

Kissing Games of the World - Sandi Kahn Shelton - 6

Pride & Prejudice - 2

Total number of pages read - 168 [hmm... okay then. others have read 1000+ pages but to each their own. I am a really slow reader anyway]

Mini challenges completed - 14

Prize won - One! A random cheerlead prize. Wheeee!!! My first prize ever from the readathon -- and since I've started cheering as well! teehee.

Number of other sites visited/cheered on - 31, I think? I don't really remember since I've only kept track during the third hour! teehee. *blush*



Overall, the readathon has been a success for me. Wheeee!!!

2 comments:

Esme said...

I wish I kept track of the new blogs I found.

sumthinblue said...

Hi Ruby! Wow, a prize!

Congrats!