Sunday, November 1, 2009

What to do in a blackout?

So, there was another storm that passed through Manila yesterday [Mirinae], and we've had a blackout for nearly 30+ hours.

And I got to thinking... what do you do when there's a blackout?

For me, I did the following:
- In the morning, while there was still light, I read! I made significant progress on "Cleopatra's Daughter" by Michelle Moran.
- I ate, ate and ate. I think I must've gained a few pounds.
- In the evening, I had at least 90%+ of battery life on my laptop -- I watched an episode of The Vampire Diaries and got to move a few files to my mobile phone before the laptop batteries' died out. My laptop is 6years old so the battery isn't exactly the best quality anymore.
- In the latter part of the evening [after eating dinner and helping to clean the dishes], I listened to some audiobooks.

So now, I've got another problem.

I think I've broken my universal remote control!
So, without any tv or dvd, what would you do? I need suggestions until I could get myself another universal remote control.
I'm thinking the following:
1. Read some more
2. Finish the scrapbook projects I have
3. Surf the internet [no matter how slow my connection is -- my WiFi says I'm only at GPRS speed]
4. Watch telly series on my PC.
5. Continue watching the telly but resort to the good old fashioned channel changing by getting my bum off the bed and manually pressing the channel + and channel - buttons.

Good enough? :)

2 comments:

Cherry said...

Thats one of the things I hated about Manila. Power failures.

fickle fan said...

@Cherry -- do you live in Manila too? :)