Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 2010 Readathon Day Two Updates

Good morning everyone! I was kicked out by hour 5 last night from my mom's room where I had no internet nor computer so I just stayed in my room, relaxed, and read the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I was making some progress until I got sleepy.

The sandman eventually got me at 1:30AM my time [1:30PM EST] and I woke up at 9AM my time [9PM EST]. What a riot. I forgot to turn on my alarm clock for 6:30AM. Oh well.

Anyway, I finally found some internet time now, after eating breakfast and relaxing a bit by watching telly so off I go to do my updates and also join in the mini-challenges and cheerlead a bit. I'm also converting some shows into mp4 format to put into my iPod and uploading photos and videos from a book launch I went to yesterday. Multitasking much?


MINI-CHALLENGE from The Lost Entwife

This mini-challenge asks us if our favourite book has been made into a movie and if not, to cast an actor/actress for our favourite character. Easy?

For me, my favourite book before was Confessions of a Shopaholic. I was more than stoked when I found out they were going to make a movie out of it, and lo and behold! Hugh Dancy was cast as Luke Brandon.

As I was reading the book before, I kinda pictured Luke to be the quintessential gorgeous British dude. And thank goodness they had cast Hugh Dancy into the role. Who could've been more perfect? If not him, I would also settle for Henry Cavill [The Tudors. Yum Yum].

5 comments:

softdrink said...

Welcome back!!

Cheryl said...

The Hunger Games was great. Glad you are back to reading! I am here to cheer you on!

carolsnotebook said...

A story is a special thing
The ones that I have read
They do not stay inside the books
They stay inside my head.
(author unknown)

Looks like you're having a great read-a-thon.

Good choice for movie.

Jenn-ay said...

Yay...you read the Hunger Games...such an amazing book!!!

Great readings and hope you're having a fun read-a-thon adventure!!!

HAPPY readings and Go Team Wordsworth!!!
*shakes pom poms*

ferrywoman said...

Wonderful job on the Read-a-Thon! Way to go! I'll be looking forward to reading with you on October. Keep on rocking and reading, read-a-thoner! It's been lots of fun! :D