Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 2010 Readathon Updates - Day One

Hello everyone, it's another 24-hour readathon. This is the second time I've joined such an event, given that I had so much fun the last time :)

I've signed up for both a cheerleader and a reader this time so thank goodness for audiobooks.

The below are my updates. I'll continue to edit this post as we go from hour to hour so I'll only have one permalink up. Having too many can be confusing.

Now, I've just gone from a recent book launch so that post will have to wait until I could get all my readathon updates done! So, on to the updates. 

So, here's my list of books to read:
1. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
2. Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire - JK Rowling
3. The Girl Made of Cool - Alan Fox

HOUR ONE

Okay, I have a confession. I thought that the readathon was supposed to start at 9pm my time. But I forgot that DST is now finished so we're only 12 hours ahead instead of the usual 13. Anyway, I managed to get a bit of reading done, via an audiobook of course.


HOUR ONE MEME MINI CHALLENGE

Where are you reading from today?
  - At the moment I am reading from my mum's bedroom where there's a good wifi signal. After 11pm our time [11AM EST], I'm gonna be kicked out and will read from my room.
3 facts about me …
- I love boybands. Absolutely positively love boybands.
- I am a hoarder
- I love to travel.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
- I currently have three for now. Which I'm not sure if I would finish at least one of them. 
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
- Nothing in particular, just trying to read as much as I can. 
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
- Just enjoy and remember, the point of the readathon is to have fun, fun fun!

HOUR TWO

I've joined a few mini challenges now and I'm getting super stoked about them! I'm concentrating on Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire but I haven't kept track of the number of pages i've read! eeeep!


HOUR THREE

My mum is currently reading Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. I swear she now reads faster than I do. My gosh. I've joined yet another mini challenge. My back is now aching like crazy! Still reading Harry Potter & Goblet of Fire! I've cheered on a few participants from my assignment.

HOUR FOUR

Right. My mum has now gone off to bed so I'm gonna be kicked out a few minutes from now. I wouldn't be able to provide updates until the morning [our time] then. I'm gonna be reading the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins as soon as my mp4 file conversion is done and I need to move back to my room. I'm gonna wish you all a good night a few minutes from now. :)

3 comments:

Jamie Gibbs said...

Good luck! Goblet of Fire is a fair size as I remember, that'll be a fun one to read nonstop,. hehe.

Hope you have fun!

fickle fan said...

@Jamie - Thanks! I'm on page 400+ now. Still 200+ pages to go!

softdrink said...

Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
May all the books appeal.
May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

Good luck today!